Chapter 47 Prevention, Detection, and Response to Transboundary (Foreign) Animal Diseases
- Code of Federal Regulations, Title 9, part 53. Animals and Animal Products. [WWW page]. http://cfr.regstoday.com/9cfr53.aspx#9_CFR_53p1, accessed Dec 8, 2012.
- The World Organization for Animal Health, Office of International Epizootics (OIE). [WWW page]. http://www.oie.int/eng/en_index.htm, accessed Dec 8, 2012.
- The USDA National Veterinary Accreditation Program. [WWW page]. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/vet_accreditation/, accessed Dec 8, 2012.
- Emergency Management Institute: FEMA Independent Study Program: IS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS), an introduction. [WWW page]. http://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/is/is700a.asp, accessed Dec 8, 2012.
- Foreign animal diseases: the gray book, revised 2008. [WWW page]. http://www.usaha.org/Portals/6/Publications/FAD.pdf, accessed Dec 8, 2012. (Reference for foreign animal diseases organized by disease and including photos.)
- Center for Food Security and Public Health. [WWW page]. www.cfsph.iastate.edu, accessed Dec 8, 2012. (Information and PowerPoint resources for a wide variety of animal diseases, bioagroterrorism awareness education, and emerging and exotic diseases of animals.)
- USDA APHIS VS National Animal Health Emergency Response Corps. [WWW page]. http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/emergency_management/naherc.shtml, accessed Dec 16, 2012.
- National Research Council of the National Academies. 2005. Animal health at the crossroads: preventing, detecting and diagnosing animal diseases. National Academies Press: Washington, D.C.
Other Valuable Foreign Animal Disease–Related Web Resources
- Plum Island Animal Disease Center. [WWW page]. http://www.ars.usda.gov/Main/docs.htm?docid=3833, accessed Sept 15, 2013.
- National Biosecurity Resource Center for Animal Health Emergencies National Biosecurity Resource Center for Animal Health Emergencies. [WWW page]. http://www.biosecuritycenter.org, accessed Dec 19, 2013. (Includes a reference library and information on cleaning and disinfection, personal protective equipment, carcass disposal, and reportable diseases.)